If you have ever gotten a traditional crown or bridge, you know that the process typically involves multiple visits to the dentist, dental impressions that are messy and uncomfortable, and needing to worry about losing a temporary crown while you wait for your final restoration to be made. With CEREC technology at Gentle Dental Care in Menomonie and Durand, WI, we take the hassle out of dental restorations, providing same-day dental crowns and bridges that have a precise fit, natural-looking appearance, and durable, long-lasting results.
How one-day CEREC crowns work
Unlike traditional dental crowns, which use physical impressions of your teeth that are then shipped to an outside laboratory where your restoration is made, CEREC technology enables Drs. Emily Andre and Frankie Thatcher to perform these steps digitally using the latest computer-aided drafting (CAD) software. After taking comfortable and mess-free 3D digital impressions, Dr. Andre or Dr. Thatcher will design your crown or bridge and then transmit the information to our CEREC milling machine, which creates your restoration right in the office. Rather than a process that has historically taken weeks to complete, CEREC technology allows you to come in to the office and leave with your brand new restoration just a couple of hours later.
Benefits of CEREC restorations
CEREC stands for “Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics” – a complicated acronym, but when broken down, helps reveal the many benefits of CEREC technology!
- Chairside: rather than utilizing outside laboratories, which add weeks to the process, CEREC technology is used right next to your dental chair while you catch up on emails or enjoy a good book
- Economical: with work and family schedules being busier than ever before, getting everything done in one visit can provide immense value, saving you time, money, and stress
- Restorations: many types of dental restorations can be made with CEREC technology, such as dental crowns, bridges, inlays, and onlays
- Esthetic: using modern ceramics and advanced dental planning software, CEREC helps us craft natural-looking restorations that are shaded to match your teeth and blend in seamlessly with your smile
- Ceramic: your restoration is milled out of a high-quality, durable dental ceramic that can last for many years when you take good care of your teeth and gums
We value your time at Gentle Dental Care, and CEREC is just one of the many dental technologies that we use in our office to provide you with a better, safer dental experience. We proudly serve patients in the Menomonie, Durand, Eau Claire, Baldwin, Colfax, Pepin, and neighboring areas and can be reached at (715) 600-9004. Call us today to schedule your appointment!