Of the many technological advances made in dentistry in recent years, laser dentistry is perhaps one of the most transformative. From corrective eye surgery to dental treatments, lasers have been increasingly used throughout the dental and medical fields because of their versatility, precision, and safety benefits. At Gentle Dental Care, we are proud to offer laser dentistry treatment for our patients in the Menomonie, Durand, Eau Claire, Baldwin, Colfax, and neighboring WI areas.
Laser dentistry for soft tissue care
Dental laser treatments offer many benefits when compared to more traditional methods—such as scalpels and incisions—of treating soft tissues. The soft tissues cover approximately 30 square inches of surface area in your mouth, and can require a variety of treatments due to issues such as:
- Gum disease
- Canker sores and cold sores
- Pre-cancerous or cancerous lesions
- Other bumps or lumps
- Aesthetic reasons (such as a “gummy” smile)
- Treating children’s oral growth and development issues
Benefits of laser dental care
With the latest dental lasers, Dr. Emily Andre and can treat these issues (and more!) rapidly, effectively, and with less discomfort. Our dentists and patients alike love laser dentistry because of its many benefits. Laser dental care:
- Prevents the need to use scalpels and sutures in many cases
- Is more precise and faster than traditional methods
- Causes less pain and irritation
- Minimizes bleeding during and after treatment
- Is a conservative treatment method that preserves as much healthy tissue as possible during the procedure
- Does not have the sights, sounds, and smells associated with traditional dental tools
- Reduces or eliminates the need for dental anesthetics
- Helps prevent post-treatment infections by sanitizing the area as it treats
- Promotes better healing and recovery
Schedule your appointment today!
Our dental team has received specific training in laser protocols so that many conditions can be treated quickly and effectively with laser therapy. This is just one of many ways in which we have taken steps to elevate your dental care experience. To experience the difference in care we provide at Gentle Dental Care, call us today at (715) 600-9004 to schedule your appointment or request an appointment online.