There is no denying that straight teeth help give someone a terrific smile – but the benefits don’t just end there. When your teeth and jaw are in proper alignment, you are less likely to develop tooth decay, gum disease, and issues such as temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder. At Gentle Dental Care, we take pride in helping children and adults in the Menomonie, Durand, Eau Claire, Baldwin, Colfax, and surrounding WI communities develop healthier smiles through orthodontic options such as SureSmile®. SureSmile® is similar to Invisalign® and rather than metal braces that use brackets and wires to move teeth into their proper position, SureSmile uses a series of invisible teeth aligners that are custom-designed for your unique smile.
Clear aligners have truly revolutionized teeth straightening for teens and adults. During your initial consultation at Gentle Dental Care, we will take digital images of your mouth and use advanced computer technology that enables us to show you what your end results will look like before you even begin. These digital images are used to create your series of customized aligners, which you will wear for at least 22 hours per day for two weeks at a time before switching to the next set in the series. We perform quick and painless check-ups throughout your treatment to monitor your progress, and when your treatment is complete, we will provide you with an invisible retainer that you simply wear at night to maintain your terrific results.
Benefits of clear aligner therapy
While traditional orthodontic therapy is effective, more and more patients are choosing SureSmile therapy because it is:
- Discreet: Many adults have shied away from seeking orthodontic treatment because they don’t want braces to be visible within their smile; with clear aligners, no one needs to know you are undergoing tooth straightening treatment!
- Comfortable: Made from a medical-grade, BPA-free plastic, the aligners shift one tooth at a time into its ideal location in your dental arch for a more comfortable orthodontic experience.
- Convenient: The aligners are completely removable, which means you can continue to enjoy your active lifestyle, eating and drinking whatever you’d like without fear of brackets popping out of place.
- Better oral hygiene: Fully removable aligners mean that your oral health will not suffer during your treatment because you don’t need to brush and floss around wires and brackets.
- Effective: While individual treatment times vary, the average adult completes their clear aligner therapy within just 12 months.
SureSmile is a versatile option that can be used to correct a number of misalignment issues, including crooked teeth, gaps between teeth, overcrowding, and bite problems. However, it is important to note that people with more severe cases of misalignment might not be good candidates for clear aligner treatment.
Start your path towards straighter teeth by calling Gentle Dental Care today! With two convenient locations in Menomonie and Durand, we are never far from work or home. You can reach us by calling (715) 600-9004 – we look forward to helping you achieve the healthy, straight smile you deserve!