At Gentle Dental Care, preventative dentistry is at the heart of our practice. We focus on helping patients of all ages prevent oral health issues through our comprehensive approach to dental care. From providing advice about the best toothpastes and rinses to use at home to preventative treatments designed specifically for each patient’s developmental stage and oral health needs, we take pride in helping patients in the Menomonie, Durand, Eau Claire, Baldwin, Colfax, Pepin, and surrounding WI communities achieve and maintain healthy smiles for their lifetime.
Your partners in oral health
Drs. Emily Andre and Frankie Munkwitz and our entire team of dental professionals are dedicated to helping children and adults keep their teeth and gums healthy. With diligent home care and regular cleanings and check-ups, you can often avoid the stress, costs, and time associated with restorative dental treatments such as fillings, root canal therapy, or gum disease treatment. Our comprehensive approach to preventive care starts by helping get you set up for success at home:
- Tooth and gum disease can start in early childhood; we work with parents to help them understand the best way to take care of their child’s teeth at home based on their specific age and oral development
- We will work with you to customize your home care regimen with the best toothpaste, floss, and/or mouth rinse for your specific needs to help you get the most out of your brushing and flossing routine
- We provide dietary guidance that will help foster a healthy oral environment that is less susceptible to decay and disease and promotes optimal health for your teeth, gums, and jawbone
In addition, we provide several preventative treatments that are designed to help keep our patients’ teeth and gums healthy through every life stage:
- Routine professional cleanings remove any plaque, tartar, and bacteria that have built up since your last visit, removing surface teeth stains and providing you with a clean slate that is less likely to develop cavities and disease
- Thorough check-ups help us monitor your oral health over time and identify any issues at their earliest stages, when they are easiest to treat
- Preventive treatments such as dental sealants protect teeth from decay by strengthening the tooth enamel and sealing off the deep grooves and crevices from disease-causing debris and bacteria
- Oral cancer screenings are quick and painless and can help us detect oral cancer or other tissue abnormalities that may need closer evaluation
- For patients who have developed gum disease, we offer dental deep cleanings (scaling and root planing) and other treatments to help get the chronic infection under control and restore health to your gums
With a gentle approach and customized care, the team at Gentle Dental Care is here to help you and your family maintain healthy, beautiful smiles for life. To schedule an appointment for you or your child at Gentle Dental Care, call us today at (715) 600-9004!